2017-02-16 - Patch 3.8.3 - Syndicate robots: Wave 4
Syndicate robots: Wave 4
This patch concludes the release of the new Syndicate robots: Helix, Callisto, Legatus, and Metis are now available for purchase for a combination of faction tokens and NIC in the Syndicate Supplies store.
Class: Light robot specialized in electronic warfare
"The Helix is a good all-rounder when it comes to electronic warfare. While it may not be the toughest bot around, combining a light chassis with an assault-class undercarriage makes it probably the fastest."
Class: Mech specialized in electronic warfare
"Employing our own technologies and incorporating all the knowledge that we have gained from the Nian factions, the Callisto is an elusive and flexible mech for tackling and shutting down enemy units."
Class: Heavy mech specialized in firearms
"Alluding on its appearance our engineers have nicknamed it "Doc". Aptly so, as the Legatus can administer a swarm of good old glowing hot bullets at a relatively long range for those in need. And that without writing out a prescription."
Class: Heavy mech specialized in combat support
"Exceptional energy output and defense capabilities - two traits that turn this heavy mech into an indispensable powerhouse on the battlefield. The Metis is the holy grail of remote support, which usually makes it a primary target in the eyes of enemy commanders."
Tuning module balance refining
The last patch introduced diminishing returns when using tuning modules in the form of exponentially increasing accumulator usage. The changes were a bit on the rough side, so in this patch we are refining this concept further and create some diversity between tuning module tiers.
For a detailed list of changes please see our relevant blog post.
NEXUS module specialization
NEXUS modules have been rebalanced to become a specialty for heavy-class robots. This is achieved by drastically increasing the accumulator usage of the modules, and adding a strong accumulator usage reduction bonus to the robots themselves. In practice this means that the following robots will be able to use NEXUS modules efficiently:
NEXUS-related extensions have been reimbursed during the patch in order to let players reconsider their usage.
Robots and modules
- Change: Long range firearms (autocannons) were using disproportionally less energy than their short range brothers, so their accumulator usage has been brought in line.
- Change: In order to widen the gap between light and medium weapons, the hit dispersion of guns and the explosion size of missiles got increased. This increases survivability of light robots against larger robots (if the latter use medium weapons, which they mostly do). Exact numbers for the latter two changes can be found in our relevant blog post.
- Change: Increased the missile cycle time bonus of Troiar, Ictus, and Gropho from 1% to 3% per extension level.
- Change: Doubled the mass of light armor plates and tripled the mass of medium armor plates.
- Fix: Updated the rookie checklist to inform about activity EP.
- Change: The "Travelling without moving - Use a spark teleport" achievement has been changed to "Take me home - Use the assignment return teleport".